Tuesday, July 26, 2016
We are pleased to announce that we have received a three year accreditation from CARF for the third time! Our results were our strongest yet during this accreditation process.
Along with the announcement of our success, we received the formal Accreditation Report highlighting our compliance with the various standards. We’re especially pleased to share that we received only 5 recommendations (the fewest to date) for improvement. The Surveyors said we’d done a great job incorporating previous recommendations, including significant improvements to data measurement. Their highlights, noted below, reflect hard work across all service areas.
• The LVP campus is an attractive and comfortable setting for all ages and abilities
• Our Wellness model, fitness room and group exercise programming
• Dining options and the attention paid to dietary requirements. Special recognition of Food Services staff for their attention to resident preferences and warm and patient demeanor.
• Meaningful activities
• Positive, compassionate interactions between staff and residents at every turn
• High levels of satisfaction reported by family members related to our communication and services
• Consultation with residents and their (resident) ability to affect change
• Leadership practices and employee engagement
• Demonstrated “profound respect” of staff toward one another and toward residents
Areas for improvement relate to strategy development, cultural competence and diversity, dementia training and education for residents and family members, awareness of Resident Advocates and a formal data management plan.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support of this process and the way you all contribute to making Luther Village a warm and wonderful place to live and work!
We’d also like to thank our Risk Manager Sherrie Hyde for her outstanding leadership in this process, our Continuous Quality Improvement Committee and our Leadership teams for their support, and every staff member whose performance reflects what we say we do here at Luther Village. Consistency, compassion, quality and integrity are the cornerstones of our success and we are so proud to share them!