5 EASY WAYS TO KEEP MOVING
1. Go for a walk outside & remember to maintain 6’ (2 meters) distance from others. Getting outside is remarkable for not only your body but your mind. It is amazing what a little fresh air and sunshine can do for you. Do not forget when you return home, wash your hands.
2. Dance like no one is watching! Put some music on and walk around the house (or do a seated march) or dance (standing or seated, whichever is more comfortable/safer for you). Music can make simple moments more fun.
3. Keeping your legs strong is important. You can do sit-to-stands or if that is too difficult/causes knee pain, do seated leg extensions (straighten and bend the knee).
4. Keep your arms strong. You can try push-ups against the wall or pressing both hands together while you breathe out. You can also use canned food as a weight and lift those as you would free-weights in a gym setting (make sure the cans match and are the same weight for safety reasons).
5. Try not to sit still all day. Take frequent breaks from reading/watching tv/puzzles/computer time & MOVE your body. Try to get up at least every half hour & move, do a few shoulder rolls, take deep breaths & stretch.